Re: "no link beat found" on digital alpha-station 255

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 09:42:50AM +0100, Philip Kendall wrote:
> On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 07:02:20PM +0100, Philip Kendall wrote:
> > On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 12:07:37PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> * I wondered why I was still booting the old kernel for a bit.

> * I edited the symlinks in /boot to point to the new image (the
>   package edited the symlinks in /, which aren't used by my
>   aboot.conf)

Right, sorry; this is a bug in aboot-installer which I haven't had a chance
to fix yet.  You can change where kernel-package puts its symlinks by
setting link_in_boot = yes and relative_links = yes in /etc/kernel-img.conf.

> * Booting 2.6.15 hangs just after reading the partition table
>   on /dev/sda :-(

> I can investigate this more if desired, but probably not until next
> weekend.

Hrm, that's an odd one.  This would warrant a separate bug report on
linux-2.6 about the problem, preferably cc:ed to debian-alpha.  More
investigation would definitely be appreciated though, as we could certainly
use the feedback about the tulip drivers and I've also never heard of a
kernel hanging on alpha after reading the partition table...