Re: X server takes 45 seconds to start ...

# Jay Estabrook sprak:
>> On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 11:29:55AM +0200, Emmanuel Kasper wrote: but
works ....

>> Hello
>> I am using an alaphaserver DS10 ( tsunami chipset ) with a Matrox
Millenium g450

>> Can i expect somehting better if I use the matrox frame buffer or is it
not related ? Has anybody tryed it on alpha ?
>> According to this doc
>> http://www.alphalinux.org/docs/fbcon_faq.shtml it did not work.
>
> I've no experience using the FB stuff...
>
>  --Jay++

The Matrox Millenium g450 frame buffer works a bit but is only usefull to
get a nice big textscreen. Expect nothing more.

--
Met Vriendelijke Zwerversgroeten

Wouter Rademaker

    \ / \ /