linux 2.6.17.7 on PW600au

Hi,

I have a PW600au with Sarge on it. I downloaded the 2.6.17.7 kernel source and built a 2.6 kernel. It seems to be running ... sort of.

	I am having the following problems:

The IDE module (cy82c693) stalls during boot, whining about lost interrupts. Eventually it ... gives up I guess and moves on with the boot. The CDROM is on the secondary IDE channel.

		The mouse, an Alps Glidepoint, is very sluggish/jerky under X.

	Anyone have any ideas?

	Can you build a 32-bit program on an alpha?

					kevin

P.S.:  What is the "U" for? USB?

FYI: If you want to run make gconfig, you also have to install libglade2-dev!