Re: Installation stops after logs, and drops to a shell.

Hi Robert,

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 05:18:37PM -0400, Robert Oram wrote:
> Hello all,
>    First off, is this the proper forum to help troubleshoot installer
> issues, and list the problems it has?  Or is there another list devoted
> to the alpha installer alone?  I would love to help make the installer
> better by testing and reporting problems, since I cannot do the coding.

No, there is no list specific to the installer for alpha; there are two
lists of relevance, debian-alpha for architecture-specific problems and
debian-boot for problems not specific to alpha.

The problem you describe doesn't sound like it's an alpha-specific problem,
so I would recommend filing an installation report (which gets forwarded to
the debian-boot list) describing your experience in detail, so that the
maintainers of the relevant installer components can take a look at the
problem... and kick it back to me if they find it's an alpha problem after
all. :)

For this, please make sure you're using the most recent daily builds, to
rule out transient issues that have already been fixed.

>    My next issue now may be just an unfinished component or ignorance
> on my part.  The installs seem to complete, it asks me where to put the
> log files, then it dumps me to a mini-shell.  And thats it.  What am I
> supposed to do there?

Really shouldn't happen at all, so I can't suggest an answer here. :)

Cheers,