Re: Xorg upgrade: 6.9.x to 7.0.x

Jay Estabrook wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 02:55:35PM -0500, Bob Tracy wrote:
> > In particular, if someone knows that a SiS 6326 8MB PCI card won't
> > work in a PWS 433au, please let me know immediately so I won't waste
> > my time trying to make it work.
>
> BEFORE removing the TGA card in that MIATA, do the following at SRM:
>
> 	>>> set pci_device_override -1
>
> which should prevent the SRM console from complaining about an unknown
> card in one of the 64-bit slots (it has its own table of "acceptable"
> cards, and no SiS card would be in it).

Good to know about this *before* getting speared by it :-).  Thanks!

> If the Xserver hangs after clearing the screen but before painting
> anything, it may be that its own BIOS emulator is failing. In that
> case, add:
>
> 	Option	"NoINT10" "true"
>
> to the Device Section of the xorg.conf file to bypass that step.

This brings to mind a question: the SiS 6326 card has a jumper to
enable/disable INTA.  The users' manual says nothing about what the
jumper setting does otherwise, and makes no recommendation as to the
desired setting.  It's currently enabled because it came out of the
box that way and I successfully used the card in a x86 box with that
setting.  Any recommendations?  If not, I'll give it a try "as is".

> Good luck, let us know how you make out...

Will do.  I'm getting the final Xorg 7.0.X pieces installed as I type
this.  (I want to get the current card working with the new software
before I start messing with a different card.)

Bob Tracy                   WTO + WIPO = DMCA? http://www.anti-dmca.org
rct@frus.com