Re: memory for PWS 600au

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 12:33:28PM +0200, Marc Schlensog wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:08:42 +0400
> Alexander Kotelnikov <sacha@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > Does ECC registered SDRAM fits MiataGL? Docs I have say it does, but
> > after I had plugged two such sticks in my machine I crashes in a
> > random fashion.
>
> Yes, it does, as long as it's unbuffered/non-registered. In case you
> want to throw 256MB modules at your Miata, make sure, that you get
> PC100 ones, no PC133 ones, as it is quite some lottery to get the
> latter to work.
>
> > --
> > Alexander Kotelnikov
> > Saint-Petersburg, Russia
>
> Marc

Marc is right about unbuffered/non-registered issue, but it shouldn't
matter if the dimms are PC83, PC100 or PC133.

I think the issue that Marc has had with PC133 dimms is that they were
single sided (9 memory chips on one side of the dimm). Those modules won't
work with Miata, you need dimms that are double sided (9 memory chips
per side).

Kingston has some 256MB PC100 modules that should work:

KVR100X72C2/256

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator_new/PartsInfo.asp?root=&LinkBack=&ktcpartno=KVR100X72C2/256

KVR100X72C2L/256

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator_new/PartsInfo.asp?root=&LinkBack=&ktcpartno=KVR100X72C2L/256