Re: Xorg upgrade: 6.9.x to 7.0.x

On Fri June 9 2006 19:22, Steve Langasek wrote:
> BTW, all the evidence I have so far suggests xorg 7.0 is completely broken
> on alpha; I haven't had time to dig into it enough yet to file a bug report
> though.  In your case, I guess it doesn't hurt to upgrade if your video
> already doesn't work, I just would suggest not expecting too many miracles
> from 7.0 just yet.

Here's one success story.  I just upgraded a couple of days ago, and
everything (include X) is still running fine...  : )

Hardware & XOrg Packages:

VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP (rev 5c)

ii  xserver-xorg			7.0.18	the X.Org X server
ii  xserver-xorg-core		1.0.2-8	X.Org X server -- core server
ii  xserver-xorg-input-kbd	1.0.1.3-2	X.Org X server -- keyboard input driver
ii  xserver-xorg-input-mouse1.0.4-3	X.Org X server -- mouse input driver
ii  xserver-xorg-video-ati	6.5.8.0-1	X.Org X server -- ATI display driver

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe at uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,