Re: Compaq XP1000 diagnostic LED codes needed!

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 06:17:14PM +0100, Bjoern Micko wrote:

> >>The error leds read 0011 0111 (D14->D21).
> >>

> >In the correct order (D21->D14), this is 0xec, and indicates, when
> >accompanied by 1 short and 2 long beeps:
> >
> >    Bcache data march test error
> >
> >It is categorized as a non-fatal error, but warns:
> >
> >    "may prevent the OS from booting; the system may be operating at
> >     reduced capacity/performance."
> >

> Thank you very much! I found it's really hard to get this codes...
> The beeps are as described, even though I find it hard to tell which is
> long/short.
> Since the Alpha produces no output on the monitor, I hoped it would be
> the graphics card...
> This means it's gone, right? Or is there a simple (cheap) way of fixing it?

If you get no output on the monitor, maybe it is using the serial
output. You could try connecting another machine to the serial port of
your machine and using a null modem to interact.

--
Alexandre Fayolle
Retrait du projet de loi DADVSI: http://eucd.info/petitions/index.php?petition=2