DS20 Worth trying ?

Dear sirs.

   Some years ago, i used to be a big Alpha fan (Collector maybe), getting
to own several 21064 and 21164 based machines. I gave up on the hobby,
but have been offered a nice DS20 in a small cabinet (E model)
lately that i could use as a second machine at home.

Unfortunately, i am very unaware of the state of "desktop computing" on the alpha.
Should I dust off my SRM handbook and go for it ?

BTW, i could use some advice on decent video adaptors that work on the Alpha,
I remember hunting down a PCI Radeon back in 2002 (long gone) ,
and getting  DRI  going  after a lengthy fight with gcc optimisations
that produced broken code ....

Regards
Roberto de Iriarte.