Re: I was in SRM and now, i'm stuck in AlphaBios

Hi,

>I have an AlphaStation 500a that was nicely configured to enter SRM when
>it started.
>
>This morning, I powered it up, to find that a message told me "System time
>invalid"

I've seen this when the internal buffer battery was empty.

>And since, I'm stuck in AlphaBios, with no other choice than WindowsNT :
>no network boot and so on.
>
>In the CMOS advanced, I chose "OpenVMS SRM" or "Digital UNIX SRM", but
>nothing works ... It's still getting back to AlphaBIOS.
[del]

Alphas can react strange when the internal clock is bogus. Try setting
it in AlphaBIOS (I think there's a menu for it?) and reboot without
disconnecting power. Consider yourself lucky when you get it to boot
that way, though. Replacing the battery should cure it, IMHO.

HTH,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: High On The Crime (Turbonegro)