Re: Sound on AS500/333 next try

Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> writes:
> Alsa drivers are at this time only available in Sarge for x86
> kernels. But if you use kernel 2.6 you will have them without separate
> installation (only get the alsa package for the user mode
> programs). Then you can run alsaconf and install the soundcard.
>
> To load the kernel driver for oss just try something like:
> modprobe ad1848 io=0x530 irq=9 dma=0 dma2=2
>
> If that works you can add this line without "modprobe" to /etc/modules

If someone here has such a line for the built-in audio of Alphastation
200 systems with kernel 2.6, please post it. I always seem to get
messages about "device not found" or such, but I'm not particularly
knowledgeable concerning the exact drivers needed and such anyway.

Thomas Jahns
--
"Computers are good at following instructions,
 but not at reading your mind."