Re: Sound on AS500/333 next try

Hi Uwe,

> Alsa drivers are at this time only available in Sarge for x86 kernels.
> But if you use kernel 2.6 you will have them without separate
> installation (only get the alsa package for the user mode programs).
> Then you can run alsaconf and install the soundcard.
Hmmm... trying to boot with "expert26" or "linux26" as boot parameters,
but no 2.6 kerenel is loaded if i boot the installation-cd...
> To load the kernel driver for oss just try something like:
> modprobe ad1848
> io=0x530 irq=9 dma=0 dma2=2
> If that works you can add this line without "modprobe" to /etc/modules
OK, i did that, and i see the module will be loaded at boot-up and i
hear a quiet crackling noise in the speakers if the module is loaded.
But, when i try to play *.wav or mp3-files i hear nothing. All settings
in kmix are on 100% and unmuted. Where's my problem here?

Thanks in advance
Greetz
Roman