Re: Please test new kernel-image-2.6.10-alpha packages

I have tested these packages on UP2000 SMP with the following results:

1)  SMP kernel panics and boot and it looks like modules can not be loaded
for some reason.

2)  generic kernel boots and (almost )all hardware seems to work,
including my GTH raid controller, emu10k sound card, and Voodoo3 card in
DRI (great!).  Unfortunately, I also have no ps2 mouse at boot and must
insmod a ps2 module by hand to get my mouse working.  Additionally, the
onboard USB gets recognized but gives an error that irq 255 can not be
assigned.

This is the first 2.6 kernel that I have ever been able to boot on these
machines so that is progress.  However, without SMP this is not so useful
to me at the moment.  If I can get and SMP kernel runing I will be very
happy.  Thanks to those working on this.

-Eric