Re: Debian 3.1 kde problem

On December 8, 2005 13:00, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> > I have a weired problem on my Alphastation 500au (TGA2 graphics). I
> > installed Sarge on it (twice), X11 is ok. Gnome desktop works
> > fine. As well as gnome applications. But kde does not, neither kdm
> > nor kde applications: the application starts, but you cannot read
> > the output. Some kind of black printing on black background inside
> > the kde window, only some dimly icons.  Gnome background arround the
> > application is still ok.
>
> Sounds like http://bugs.debian.org/301344

Wow.  That sounds very odd.  I don't know what is going on, but I would
naively guess something along the lines of gamma correction screwing up.

Possibly differences in QT's and GNOME's gamma handling results in the one
tripping up on something specific with this setup one but not the other?

-T

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe at uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                        Dept. of Applied Mathematics,