Re: DRI problems with 3dfx 4500 on DPW600au under Sarge

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 05:31:25 +0100
Falko Schmidt <kaethorn@stud.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 11:08:56AM +0100, Marc Schlensog wrote:
>
> > *click*
> >
> > I don't know if it helps, but IIRC the RadeOns (as well as
> > Permedia3) seem to use a different addressing-scheme which is only
> > fully supported on EV6 and up (at least that's what I think to have
> > understood by browsing through c.o.vms). I'm having an XP1000 w/ a
> > RadeOn 7500 sitting right beside me and no problems whatsoever with
> > kernel 2.6.8 and 2.6.14.
>
> Interesting. That explains the poor performance, methinks.
> The Radeon 7500 worked well in X but behaved weired in the consoles
> here.  Am I right assuming that in your setup it worked well in both
> environments? Did you enable atifb? I'm running in 1024x768
> framebuffer mode.

Yep. It surely did. 2.6.8 was running without framebuffer, 2.6.14 works
fine with atifb. No problems with screwed up consoles, although it takes
quite a while to switch back and forth (at least with atifb disabled).

> > > glxgears looks OK here and reports around 440fps, using 2.6.11.7
> > > and X.org on Sid.
> >
> > On which card? The 9250? Do 325fps on the system mentioned above
> > seem reasonable?
>
> 440fps on the the 9250. Around 300fps on 7500 as far as I remember.
> Are you running on a 21264A or 21264? In either case I'd say the
> framerate looks OK.

21264A

> Regards,
>
> Falko