Re: DRI problems with 3dfx 4500 on DPW600au under Sarge

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 04:25:37AM -0800, Urs Traber wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am struggling to make DRI work on a DPW600au with a 3dfx Voodoo 4500
> under Sarge. Kernel is 2.4.29.
>
> Problem No.1:
> When I enable DRI, all virtual consoles turn to a mix of white dots
> scattered randomly all over the screen - I can still type but can't
> read a thing...
I'm having a similar effect here with ati DRI. The consoles get messed
up upon keypress after starting and stopping the xserver (xorg), though
switching between consoles seems to 'clean' the mess a bit. On my box
(PWS600au) this phenomenon appears from 2.4.18 to 2.6.11.7 on Radeon 7500
and 9250 with no noticeable differences.

> Problem No.2:
> I have built an OpenGL sample program on this machine. It runs, but the
> graphic doesn't look like it should (as a reference, I have a DU4.0F
> box next to the Sarge box). With acceleration disabled, the graphic
> looks ok (but is terribly slow).
glxgears looks OK here and reports around 440fps, using 2.6.11.7 and
X.org on Sid.

> No idea whether these two issues are interrelated in any way.
> But they can be reproduced on a second system (DPW500au) in parallel,
> using another 3dfx 4500.
>
> Is there anything that I could have missed to configure?
> e.g. setpci -s 00:0c.0 4.w returns a 0003.
0007 here

Falko