Re: UP1100 and disk size

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 16:03 -0500, WRJ Funnell wrote:
> > I currently have SRM 5.6-9. I have found a 5.6-13 at
> > www.microway.com (and at www.hungrycats.org). Does anyone know if
> > there's a more recent version, or whether upgrading will solve my
> > disk-size problem?
>
> What kernel are you running?  If you have the standard woody kernel (I
> think 2.4.18), that had trouble with large disks, on i386 too.  Sarge
> kernels should be fine.

Embarrassingly, I'm using 2.2. Upgrading the kernel is next on my
to-do list. If I understand correctly, I should upgrade to 2.4, then
upgrade to sarge, then upgrade to 2.6. I'm at the point of being
confused by the fact that kernel images for both 2.4.18-5.0.1 and
2.4.18-15 are listed.

> I recently built 2.6.8 for nautilus, and posted the .config diffs here
> (Nov. 1), in case you're interested.  (1100 is also nautilus, right? :-)

Well, it's nautilus but uses SRM so uses the generic kernel. At least
that's what I was told back in 2000 when I installed it.

Glad to hear the disk problem is likely kernel and not SRM. Is there
any point in upgrading SRM? Is there any information available about
what differences there were in the different versions?

Thanks.

- Robert