AlphaServer 4100

Hello!

I have acquired an old DEC AlphaServer 4100.  I am attempting to install Debian Alpha on it, but I can't seem to get the boot process down.  I'd like it to halt at the SRM firmware ("P00>>>" is the prompt, white text on blue background), but it boots straight into AlphaBios.  Normally this wouldn't be an issue, since AlphaBios notices the lack of an OS and prompts you to go into Setup and sort that out ("No Operating System Selections Found       Press <F2> to enter Setup and configure the system.          F2=Setup").  However, the problem is that I can't seem to send any keystroke data to the COM1 backend!  No matter which keys I press, nothing happens.

Anyway, my hope is that some people familiar with this have a way for me to force a boot into SRM firmware, which I have dealt with before and from which I foresee little trouble in booting my Debian boot CD.

Here's hoping!  Any replies will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

--SS