Re: beta status

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 11:15:28PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> [ please Cc: me as I'm not subscribed to -alpha and -boot ]

> On Wed, Nov  2, 2005 at 21:38:11 +0000, Julien Cristau wrote:

> > I just tried building debian-installer on alpha, but I got the same
> > problem as the buildd.

> With MKLIBS = mklibs -v, I get the output at
> <http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/julien.cristau/d-i_mklibs_alpha>.

Got it.

            # libc.so.6 needs its soinit.o and sofini.o as well as the pic
            if soname == "libc.so.6":
                # force dso_handle.os to be included, otherwise reduced libc
                # may segfault in ptmalloc_init due to undefined weak reference
                extra_flags = find_lib(ldlib)
                extra_pre_obj = libc_extras_dir + "/soinit.o"
                extra_post_obj = libc_extras_dir + "/sofini.o"
                symbols.add('__dso_handle')

The soname is not libc.so.6 on alpha, and /usr/lib/libc_pic/soinit.o is the
object that provides __libc_global_ctors. :P

Opening a bug.