Re: Requalification of Alpha for etch

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 04:49:06PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 07:40:15PM +0200, Falk Hueffner wrote:

> If anybody has an Alpha, I would volunteer to install Debian on it and
> get it in working condition, and then ship it off to wherever it would
> be hosted.

We do still have lully down at Brainfood which is in an indeterminate state
that the local admins haven't been able to recover it from.  If we had
somewhere else to ship it afterwards, I'd say we could get it sent to you
(or I could take it and try to fix it up, too); I agree that in the
long-term, though, it would need to be somewhere that a local admin could
take care of it, in which case it should probably be sent direct to whoever
that would be -- and if we don't have a prospective host, there's no sense
in getting SPI to ship it aronud in the first place.