Re: Requalification of Alpha for etch

Hello,
On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 07:40:15PM +0200, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> following hppa and ia64, I've started a wiki page to start collecting
> info for the Alpha requalification for etch:
> http://wiki.debian.org/alphaEtchReleaseRecertification

Great.

> * More developers need to certify in that they're activly developing
>   on this architecture.

I still maintain aboot, though a) I am not an official maintainer and
b) my private alpha is currently not working. I have a co-maintainer
who is exmining the current bugs, and I will try to get my alpha in a
working state later this year/early next year. And I guess vorlon is
also (still) working on alpha. (At least he uploads new aboot-packages
for me :-))

> It would also be nice if more people could install popularity-contest,
> so that we get a clearer picture on the number of users.

Take the number of user as given. In my (former) instute, we have
sevral machines (UP and SMP, 164, 264) which are used as servers and
computing machines. Currently the staff is 36 (not including guests).
If you need a formal statements of the current admins, please tell me
so I can obtain it.

Thanks for taking care of the requalification.

Greetings

            Helge
--
Dr. Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.           Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de