Re: Fwd: USB on alphaserver DS10

I wonder if you are seeing the same situation that I have on a DP264.
Can you do a  lspci -v -xxx  command and post the output for the USB
controller?

On this DP264, the SRM console shows the USB controller at IRQ 10 (0x0A).
Under linux, it shows the device at IRQ 234 (0xEA).  I was able to get
the device recognized by patching the IRQ assignment mapping in the kernel
so it stripped the high bits of the IRQ number.  That also fixed the IRQs
for the onboard IDE too.  Unfortunately, once that was done, there still
appears to be some kind of board problem with this DP264.  Any USB device
plugged into it produced fits of error messages.  The IDE works great.
It appears for me to be something screwy with the USB hardware.
I've pretty much given up on it and I got a PCI USB card...

Alan