Re: Fwd: USB on alphaserver DS10

fishtank@web.de wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:08:55 +0000
> What good would building a module do if the hardware doesn't support
> USB or has it disabled in hardware? At least that's what I got the
> impression of by reading this thread.
The HW does support USB as far as I can tell. The problem is in the SRM console I see that the USB controller has been assigned IRQ 7, but when Linux gets round to loading the module the IRQ information has been lost/ not detected. The module is just a way of assigning an IRQ to the USB controller, it provides no USB support its self.

Simon