Re: ES40 fails to boot daily build net-install

* Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
> * Michael Galloway wrote:
> > was wanting to play with current builds on one of me ES40 boxes
> > and find it fails to boot. was using the netinstall image from:
> >
> > http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/alpha/current/
> >
> > and booting from SRM console with boot dqa0 -flags 0 boot process
> > hangs at the starting kernel line.
>
> Sorry, that was my fault.
>
> In a moment of insanity I changed the kernel configurations so
> ext2fs support was built as module. Fatal, because d-i uses ext2fs
> initrds.

Duh... I should read mails more carefully before answering... your
problem doesn't look like the described ext2fs problem.

Steve said on IRC that we may have some problems with booting our
kernels on Tsunami-class machines, not just on Titan-based machines
(see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=265831 for some
details).

Norbert