Re: AS 4100 boot

It would be helpful if you would wrap your messages at 78 columns or
less for quoting.

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 09:50:23PM +0100,  "Jiří Jánský" wrote:

> sorry, but I'm not able to find System.map file on CD (it isn't in
> boot directory on CD).
> I looked in initrd, but there System.map isn't too   :-)

> Do anybody know, where can I find this file on "Debian testing(sarge)
> netinstall CD"?

The System.map file would be contained in the kernel image packages
(pool/main/k/kernel-image-2.4.27-alpha on the CD).  But, I wonder why
you need this?

> Shold I compile new kernel (with System.map file :-) and play with
> compiled in drivers to boot that server?

The Debian kernel images don't compile in any drivers, so there should
not be driver conflicts with your hardware causing this boot failure.  I
don't think compiling drivers in would improve anything.

> Is here any cross-compilation guid to compile alpha kernel on i386 (i
> haven't more alphas).

The last time I tried, 32<->64 bit cross-compiling did not work well
with gcc+binutils.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer