Re: I need build access to a Sarge chroot for alpha

Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> writes:

> Hello,
> This is a real problem. A while ago I wanted to use a package[1] just to
> find out some files were missing. The reason was the maitainer had
> asked to get it build manually which somehow got those files missing.
> The fix was a trivial rebuild, but still this can be easily avoided by
> sticking to autobuild packages unless you can test them yourself.
>
> Greetings
>
>           Helge
>
> [1] This is a real case and if you happen to need more info, just mail
>     me in private.

I just had to rebuild 800 packages (because I can't be sure which ones
are broken) for amd64 because the buildd seems to sometimes produce
packages with missing files.

Sometimes builds don't work right. Thats life.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: A good package would check the existing files against what it
expects and run some other tests during build.