Re: Calling all testers: debian-installer images for sarge/alpha

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 01:29:31PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:

> I'm pleased to report that daily debian-installer images for sarge/alpha
> are again available.  You can download both bootable businesscard and
> netinst CD images from
> <http://people.debian.org/~manty/testing/netinst/alpha/daily/>.
>
> As of the 03-Jan-2004 build, there are several known problems with the
> images, as detailed at
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/debian-boot-200401/msg00198.html>.
> Today's build should clear up two of these problems, first so that aboot
> can boot the kernel without twiddling the kernel options, and second so
> that the installer language defaults can be pulled in from the SRM
> environment.  This fixed image should be available for download some
> time after midnight UTC.

I had no trouble along these two lines.

HOWEVER, I couldn't get the installer to find the installatiopn CD
after booting from it, regardless of IDE or SCSI CDROM drive.

Also, neither the SYM/NCR driver(s) nor the DAC960 driver were included,
making the install machine selection much smaller...

The above problems occurred with both ISOs.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com