From: jacheatwood@bellsouth.net [mailto:jacheatwood@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 7:43 AM
To: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
Subject: New User Question

Hello,
I have found, what seems to be, an old Alpha.  My goal is to use this
machine to learn about linux/debian.
I need help to identify what this machine is.

Machine was built by NTSI to use as a Pro/e NT workstation.
Processor ID is 21164 ver. 5.0
Alpha Firmware is 4.48

Further Questions would be, is it possible for this machine to run
Debian and not NT.
Does the firmware need to be updated?

Thanks in advance
james