I have Perl 5.6 and I need 5.8

Hi all

I have a Perl module to install that requires at least Perl 5.7.3 but my Perl is Version: 5.6.1-8.7 and thus it won't install.
Im running Debian stable on an LX164.

I did an "apt-get -t testing install perl" imagining that a later perl version might be available in testing and also tried unstable but it reported back in both cases that the currently installed perl was the latest version.

Does anyone know if there is a later Perl and how to get it. Maybe there are other apt-sources? On Intel and PPC version 5.8 is the norm for stable.

My sources.list is:

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
deb http://mirror.pacific.net.au/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://mirror.pacific.net.au/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
deb http://mirror.pacific.net.au/debian-non-US/ stable/non-US main contrib non-free deb-src http://mirror.pacific.net.au/debian-non-US/ stable/non-US main contrib non-free

Mike
Linux enthusiast, caver and interested in anything technical.