Re: audio playback with 2.6.8 kernel....
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: audio playback with 2.6.8 kernel....
- From: Thomas Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:50:44 -0400
- Message-id: <1097455843.3407.1.camel@reckoning>
- In-reply-to: <1097453996.1870.4.camel@reckoning>
- References: <1097453996.1870.4.camel@reckoning>
Slight update - if I change KDE to not include the window
contents when dragging or resizing, all is well with auto
The main reason this bugs me is because it used to work fine
with the last 2.4.X kernel I used.
On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 20:19, Thomas Evans wrote:
> Hi all -
> I upgraded from a 2.4.X kernel a few weeks back and have been
> experiencing choppy audio playback whenever I move or scroll
> windows in X.
> This didn't (doesn't) happen when I us a 2.4 kernel.
> My machine is 164LX, 600Mhz, 1GB RAM, a Permedia2 graphics card.
> I have tried playback with mpg321 and xmms using both a
> standard SB16 ISA card and an Ensoniq1371 card.
> I can only get the SB16 to work with the OSS drivers.
> The 1371 works with both the OSS and ALSA drivers.
> I experience the choppiness no matter the card or
> driver type used - any clues?