From: Adrian Zaugg [mailto:adi@ente.limmat.ch]
Sent: dinsdag 17 augustus 2004 10:04
To: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Debian on a Alphaserver 1200

Hi Angelo

Angelo Machils wrote:
 > best use a RW disk..... But now the next problem, the install doesn't  >
'see' any harddrives..... :(

As of your SRM device listing you seem to have a QLogic ISP controller.
This should be in the default kernel according to the installation manual
(section 2.2.1). You may have greater success with an official CD image or
you can try to preload the required module (qlogicisp; see chapter 10.4 of
the i386 manual). If you do not want to download a whole cd-image you may
install from floppy disks: You just need the rescue and root floppy.

Regards, Adrian.