Re: mimedefang on alpha

On 30 Jul 2004, at 11:36 am, Thimo Neubauer wrote:

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:11:33AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 11:57:13AM +0200, Christoph Martin wrote:

I'm firing off a
manual build of mimedefang for you now.

Thanks a lot. Is the buildqueue very long for alpha?

Alpha has fallen to below 91% up-to-date by now, so the queue is getting
longer with time. :/  Hopefully a more powerful machine will be
available soon.

It definitely will: today in the afternoon I'll receive a DS20E with 2
CPUs donated by HP! Bandwith will be via my university like for
escher. I don't know how long it will take me to install the box but
guess that it's ready to go some time next week.  Let's hope that the
Debian Admins aren't overworked so that they can install a buildd
soon.

No-one replied before, but we are willing to host a build machine for Alpha here. We have several machines we could use - we have several sizeable machines approaching the end of their maintenance contracts which we will not want to use for production work once that time arrives. I don't foresee much difficulty putting one or two of them in our DMZ for Debian's use.

Somebody just has to tell me what we need to do...

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts
Informatics Systems Group, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute