Re: Woody security updates for the Alpha

On 25-Jul-04, Thimo Neubauer wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 09:52:34PM -0700, Bob Lindell wrote:
> > I didn't realize that an autobuilder was down.  So I guess the security
> > updates go out without waiting for all architectures to build.
>
> Not only that: it needed three weeks of complaining until the single
> still running Alpha hat it's sleeping buildd turned on..
>
> Fortunately, the situation will change in a while: a HP-enigneer is
> donating a machine and when it arrives I'll host it at my university
> like I do with escher. That one will surely be fast enough to cope
> with unstable. We just have to wait for the box to cross the atlantic
> ocean :)

What's required to donate machines as autobuilders?  We have a large
number of Alpha machines here, some of which are running Debian rather
than Tru64.  We have lots of external bandwidth, and plenty of
management Debian buy-in.  I'm sure we could arrange to host an
autobuilder here (and probably autobuilders for Opteron and
IA64 as well)

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts