Re: Woody security updates for the Alpha

I didn't realize that an autobuilder was down. So I guess the security updates go out without waiting for all architectures to build.

I thought that woody is advertised as the stable distribution that receives timely security updates. It would seem that the autobuilders should have security updates for stable as a higher priority. It isn't like there are many packages to build. Security updates seem to be a few packages a month on average.

I'm not trying to be a complainer. I'm wondering if this issue should be raised in general, because it is not Alpha specific. If any of the architectures suffer a substantial loss of autobuilding capacity, they should try and put out the few security updates so they make the deadline to be listed in the security-announce message that goes out announcing the availability of the update on all supported architectures.

Thanks,
Bob