Re: depmod: Unhandled relocation of type 28

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 01:27:44PM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> I am building kernel 2.4.26 on a SX164 on a debian woody system, but
> using gcc-3.4.1 (because gcc-2.95 produces wrong code from
> linux/drivers/md/raid1.c). When doing modules_install I get:
> 	Unhandled relocation of type 28 for ...
> several times.

> Thus i rebuild the modutils from sarge for alpha
> (modutils_2.4.26-1_alpha.deb) and tried again, to no success.

> Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I found nothing to this
> error message, only for type 10, were different solutions were proposed
> (upgrade of binutils, forget modules).

> Thanks a lot for any suggestion!

If you have a current modutils installed and it doesn't fix the problem,
the next thing to try is to make sure your toolchain really is
generating correct objects -- which means upgrading binutils.

Also, have you tried the same build with gcc 3.3?  This is still the
default compiler version for sid and sarge.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer