depmod: Unhandled relocation of type 28

Hi!

I am building kernel 2.4.26 on a SX164 on a debian woody system, but
using gcc-3.4.1 (because gcc-2.95 produces wrong code from
linux/drivers/md/raid1.c). When doing modules_install I get:
	Unhandled relocation of type 28 for ...
several times.

Thus i rebuild the modutils from sarge for alpha
(modutils_2.4.26-1_alpha.deb) and tried again, to no success.

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I found nothing to this
error message, only for type 10, were different solutions were proposed
(upgrade of binutils, forget modules).

Thanks a lot for any suggestion!

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien
GLENTAGGART (n.)
A particular kind of tartan hold-all, made exclusive under licence for
British Airways. When waiting to collect your luggage from an airport
conveyor belt, you will notice that on the next conveyor belt a
solitary bag is going round and round uncollected. This is a
glentaggart, which has been placed there by the baggage-handling staff
to take your mind off the fact that your own luggage will shortly be
landing in Murmansk.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff