newest debian-installer on XP1000

hello: I downloaded burned and installed the newest (2004-06-08 posted on alphalinux.org) debian installer on my xp1000.

Everything is smooth, i chose an automatic, multi-user partition map on a single 9gig scsi disk. I changed the / partition to ext2 for the aboot and continued.

however, the aboot installation refused to install on the / partition, telling me it was not ex2.

Anyone else encountering this? How can get aboot to install on /?

 - Andrew Diller  -
dillera@dillernet.com