Problem with md autodetect on Alpha platform?

Hi,

I guess this may be Alpha-specific pain...

I have a problem autodetecting raid arrays on Debian Alpha.

1. I can start raid by using raidtools and /etc/raidtab
2. I see  superblocks are in place (by mdadm -E)

3. Kernel (2.4.26) is compiled with the following parameters

CONFIG_MD=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MD=y
CONFIG_MD_RAID0=y
CONFIG_MD_RAID1=y

4. Partitions have fd flag
----------
5 partitions:
#       start       end      size     fstype   [fsize bsize   cpg]
 a:        1*        9*        8*      ext2
 b:       10        75        66         fd
 c:       76       337       262         fd
 d:      338       403        66         fd
 e:      339      1106       768         fd
------------

5. md driver starts but does not find any partitions

----------------------
md: raid0 personality registered as nr 2
md: raid1 personality registered as nr 3
md: md driver 0.90.0 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.

I need to configure autodection to mirror root partition. I moved aboot.conf in ext2 boot partition so it's not a problem for aboot to start kernel.

Could it be a problem with type fd in BSD partitioning table?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

BR,
Dub