kernel-image-2.6.6-1-generic problems

Hi,

Last night I tried to install kernel-image-2.6.6-1-generic, but ran into two problems...

1) While installing (apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.6-1-generic), I saw a handful of unaligned trap errors from depmod. However everything completed just fine after that. (As far as I know). Is this even a problem?

2) While booting, I got a message such as "RAMDISK too large!", then it couldn't mount a root filesystem and then panic'ed.

I had this last problem with 2.6.5-1-generic too.

Any suggestions for what I'm screwing up? Or how I can resolve the problems?

Should I just stick with the kernel images at: http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/fixed-alpha-kernels/ ?

This is on an LX164 system.

- Rob