Re: testing vs stable (was Re: broadcom drivers debian (was RE: Debian Installer - Problems Partitioning))

I stutter:

Steve Langaek (post modern programer) writes:

> This would be very subjective indeed, because the
> security team does nothing to directly address
> security holes in  testing.

If I were a diligent person, I'd look at this a bit more carefully (does
apt-get log???) , but here are a few random data points to muddy the
waters.

My various /etc/apt/sources.list files contain:

	deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib non-free

...and when I get a notice from the security list:

	http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/

the mentioned package is (always?) updated w/ a apt-get update/upgrade

It doesn't matter (much) to me if the package maintainer updates the
package or the security team.  (However, I do seem to seem
"security.debian.org" flashing across the screen when I am updating
packages)

>From the security announcement list (which everyone should subscribe to):

[snip]
Package        : gallery
Vulnerability  : unauthenticated access
Problem-Type   : remote
Debian-specific: no

[snip]

For the current stable distribution (woody), these problems have been
fixed in version 1.2.5-8woody2.

For the ****unstable**** distribution (sid), these problems have been
fixed in version 1.4.3-pl2-1.