Re: broadcom drivers debian (was RE: Debian Installer - Problems Partitioning)

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 12:39:04AM -0400, Speakman, John H./Epidemiology-Biostatistics wrote:
> Actually, my own e-mail piqued my interest enough to go and try it on
> a dl140.  The sarge installer is sweet and detects the Broadcom.  But
> (maybe this is my ignorance about Debian) this is work; who wants to
> run a production environment on something that isn't "stable"?

Many people, to judge by anecdotal evidence within the Debian community.

<shrug>

The largest difference between stable and testing is that Debian
provides security updates for stable, and for testing you're on your
own.  If you can get past this hurdle, there are lots of uses sarge can
be put to in the time leading up to its official release.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer