RE: Debian Installer - Problems Partitioning

When the error pops up on the screen, and I read terminal 4, it has:

Jun 1 02:19:16 (none) user.notice hw-detect: Error loading 'DAC960'
All the preceding messages are syslog.warn messages referring to klogd:

Then I press "Continue"...and quickly switch consoles and pause the
screen.  I will type just the text of the DEBUG: messages...

...[not sure how many messages slipped thru before I could pause screen]
install debootstrap-udeb, dependency from base-installer
search for package resolving created-fstab, dependency from base
installer
package chroot doesn't exist
search for package resolving libparted1.6-0, dependency from
partconf-find-partitions
install partconf-find-partitions, dependency from aboot-installer
search for package resolving kernel-installer, dependency from
nobootloader
install parted-udeb, dependency from nobootloader
search for package resolving bootable-system, dependency from
prebaseconfig
menu item 'partman' selected
configure partman, status: 2
configure harddrive-detection, status: 0
virtual package harddrive-detection
search for package resolving harddrive-detection, dependency from
partman
search for package resolving mounted-partitions, dependency from
base-installer
install debootstrap-udeb, dependency from base-installer
search for package resolving created-fstab, dependency from
base-installer
package chroot doesn't exist (ignored)
search for package resolving libparted1.6-0, dependency from
partconf-find-partitions
install partconf-find-partitions, dependency from aboot installer
search for package resolving kernel-installer, dependency from
nobootloader
install parted-udeb, dependency from nobootloader
search for package resolving bootable-system, dependency from
prebaseconfig

Next I got some daemon.info messages that look like they are starting or
scheduling processes.

HTH..thanks!

Jim