Re: Debian Installer - Problems Partitioning

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 04:45:43PM -0400, Jim and Kelly Younkin wrote:
> When I boot from the CD to install Sarge it automatically loads the
> Debian Installer.  It prompts for language, and then begins.

> Problem #1:

> [?] Detect Network Hardware -

> Error while running 'modprobe -v DAC960'

Knowing that your drives are on a DAC960 controller, this is a problem.

> I press 'Continue".

> Problem #2: Let me describe.

> "Starting up the partitioner" brings me to a "Partition disks" main menu
> with five choices.

> o        Finish partitioning and write changes to disk
>
> o        Undo changes to partitions
>
> o        Blank
>
> o        Blank
>
> o        Help on partitioning
>
> o        Guided partitioning
>
> o        Configure the Logical Volume Manager

This confirms that, without the DAC960 driver correctly loaded, d-i was
not able to find any disks that you could partition.

Can you send the output from terminal 4 (ALT-F4) within the installer,
immediately after the error about the module loading?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer