RE: SRM help?

The correct SRM setting to cause the system to boot on power on (or
init) is to set the environment variable auto_action to 'boot'.

At the SRM prompt, enter

	show *

to see all of the set environment variables.  These variables alolow you
to configure the SRM environment.

For the original problem, how to set a default aboot boot choice, you
can set the environment variable 'boot_osflags' to the appropriate
integer setting.

	set boot_osflags 0

will set the system to boot using the kernel/settings corresponding to
aboot entry # 0.

You can use the same 'set' command to set the 'boot_osflags' variable
discussed above.

Also. for SRM you can get help by typing 'help' or 'man'.

There is an SRM howto available at www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SRM-HOWTO/ .

Also, there is old DEC documentation available, but I don't have a link.

Beware, not all versions of SRM support all the same environment
variables (but the ones discussed above are always there).

Good Luck!