Re: Alpha PWS 433a and Adaptec AHA-294X Boot Blues

Hello,
On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 07:58:26PM +0100, Gary Gale wrote:
> Believe me when I say I'd love to be able to boot from SRM, but the
> version of the SRM firmware I have (which is the latest version) doesn't
> recognise my Adaptec AHA-294X SCSI controller; hence the root cause of the
> problem.

if your only disk in this system hangs off this adapter and the latest
SRM does not support it, then the only route I see is to install woody
and then dist-upgrade to testing.

If this disk already doesn't work, you might even go back further,
installing potato, and then dist-upgrading to woody and next to
testing. If you try to install only the bare minimum on potato install
and only after upgrading to testing do

apt-get install whaterver_i_want

(or use aptitude etc.) then the impact on the amount to download
should be limited.

Greetings

         Helge
--