Re: anyone running XFree 4.4?

talking to myself, found part of the problem!!

bob wrote:

I have compiled it from the source tarball, no erors after getting all my libraries installed, but..
I have two issues/funky things:
1. I get an error message after startx that tells me the pex5 bits can't be found.
Where would this capability be if not in XFree?
This was a bad XF86config file - left over from previous install.

2. I did the compile from the tarball, but now have two copies of all the compiled outputs = one in /usr/X11R6 and one in /usr/X11 - same compile times, same files. Is this normal? I don't see any big deal other than space, all the code has the same byte count, name, date...
tthanks for any hits!
Don;t know about htis one but does not matter any how!
bob

--
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters ... but they mean to be masters.

Daniel Webster