Re: 4D20 TGA2 graphics with X

On the 24th of March 2004 at 22:59, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw#lug-owl.de> wrote:

> Not supported.

unfortunately.

> That's a fast, but non-documented

well, rather by accident i've found once this page:
 http://research.compaq.com/wrl/DECarchives/DTJ/DTJS04/DTJS04HM.HTM
take a look at it, it's well worth reading. it's not technical doc, but good
overview written by people who have designed it.

> and really complex graphics adaptor so I wouldn't think it is ever to be
> supported.

it's real pity :( i had to buy a matrox card (8mb pci, g2+/milp/8d/cpq)
to replace my 4d40t card which is almost useless in xwindow :(

there was quite long thread about the 4d40t and 600au back in september 2003:
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2003/debian-alpha-200309/msg00047.html

 m.m.
--
 http://bigendian.org/