Re: Sarge Alpha Install

Andy Zbikowski (Zibby) wrote:

| It is fairly easy to do in Alpha. Normally you boot the installer system
| with a:
| show device (shows you the SRM notation for your devices...I always forget
| what my CDROM is....)
| boot dkb0 -flags 0
|
| The -flags 0 part passes 0 to aboot, which then loads precinfigured image
| 0. If you drop the flags, you'll find yourself at a aboot prompt where you
| can hit l to show the preconfigured images, hit b 1/<insert kernel stuff
| here>, and hit enter.

Yeah, I was already aware of this.  What I was pointing out was that
there isn't a pre-configured kernel command line that you can pick to
get you into expert mode like there is with i386.  (At least, there
wasn't last time I tried d-i on alpha.  Should probably give it
another shot now that beta 3 is out.)

Cameron.