TLB reload code

Hi,
I have a Digital Alphastation 600 running Debian
woody.
I need to modify the TLB miss handler code. Basically
everytime there is a TLB miss, I'm trying to log the
new PTE that is brought into the TLB.

Now I know that Alpha handles TLB misses in software.
What I don't know is whether TLB misses are handled by
the PALcode or by the OS.

If its done by the OS, could someone please point me
to the exact file in the kernel source(2.4.24) which
handles the TLB miss??

If TLB misses are handles by the PALcode, how do I go
about modifying it??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
nawab