Re: dpkg segfaults during new install

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Gianluca Bonetti wrote:

> Mitchel Todd Keller wrote:
> > I'm installing woody on an AlphaServer 1000 4/266 booting from the
> > Woody Alpha installation CD. Everything seems to be going smoothly up
>
> Hello :)
>
> Which Woody release are you installing from?
> I'm installing 3.0r2 right now on the same machine and I don't have such
> problems on my machine.

I was installing the intial release of 3.0, as far as I can tell. I got an
ISO of the 3.0r2 CD and everything is fine now. Thanks for the tip!

--
Mitch Keller
Mitch.Keller@ndsu.nodak.edu

System Administrator, Department of Mathematics, NDSU

GPG Keys at http://gogeek.org/~justice/keys/

"You will only be remembered for two things: the problems you solve or
the ones you create." Mike Murdock, 101 Wisdom Keys